Friday, December 22, 2023

Chicago UFO









These photographs were sent to me over ten years ago along with an explanation of what happened:

"I'm always looking for an excuse to take photos, even if it means going out in my slippers at 1:30 in the morning during a Chicago snowstorm. The only source of light was from the poll in our back alley way, and I used it to capture the snow as it fell. Nothing out of the ordinary appeared as I snapped each one, hoping to get the perfect image.


Returning indoors, I began to scroll through my snowy prints, overlooking the ones featuring the light poll (they were terrible). Right before I shut the camera off, a strange bell shape near the light caught my eye. At first I thought it was another light fixture hanging from the cable wires, but it moved around as I looked back on the other photographs. That's when I realized it was a UFO! I couldn't believe that I had missed it, or that I was prompted to take as many images as I had. Despite the near foggy sky, my camera (a Nikon D3100 with 35mm lens) caught it. And that's what happened." 


What do you think? Earthly, extraterrestrial or simply a trick of the light? 


Facebook Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment